One of Normet’s key missions is to improve the health and safety of underground workers by developing equipment to mechanise and automate the most demanding and dangerous stages encountered in underground excavation, while improving the efficiency of these processes by saving time and money.
Normet has established a long term relationship with the underground mining industry over its more than 50 years of experience. Primarily an equipment manufacturer/supplier over its life, Normet has evolved substantially since 2007 to incorporate global Life Time Care (aftermarket support), Construction Chemicals and Rock Reinforcement business lines to its offering.
Our Mission is that with knowledge and new technologies, we improve underground mining processes to benefit our clients and society. We do this by:
- Employing people with industry-leading skills who actively listen to our clients’ needs and are passionate and inspired about their work.
- Continuously seeking to improve the processes of our customers.
- Caring for our clients by providing local, hands-on support.
- Rolling our sleeves up to solve problems, optimize processes and maximize productivity and safety.
- Developing innovative, quality products which enable the industry to work harder, safer and smarter.
From Ghana to Tanzania, Namibia to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Normet has the market in Africa covered through two distribution centres, in Johannesburg, South Africa, and Kitwe in Zambia.